GUUDNEST Summer Camp: One Globe, Many Worlds - STEAM Invention World
It’s a week of cooking celebration! We will travel and enjoy the festivities all around the world while learning the festival’s origin, the country’s geography and culture.
Our big week of celebration kicks-off with the greatest show on earth, ‘The Carnival’ in Brazil! Then we will make a stop in Spain for the messiest food fight festival in the world – ‘La Tomatina’, before cooling off a bit in Thailand with its ‘Water Festival’.
We then take off again to Mexico for their ‘Cinco De Mayo’ and end our fun week of celebration with the festival of colors, ‘Holi’ in India!
Daily Recipe & Learningful Quest
Day 1 : Carnival: Brazil
Morning Recipe: Brazilian Rice Croquette with Minced Pork Sausage
Afternoon Recipe: Baked Brazilian Cinnamon Raindrop Doughnut
Cultural Play Time: Rio Carnival: The Greatest Show on Earth
Day 2 : La Tomatina: Spain
Morning Recipe: Cheese-Stuffed Spanish Meatball with Tortilla Chips
Afternoon Recipe: Churros
Cultural Play Time: Tomato Fight
Day 3 : Cinco De Mayo: Mexico
Morning Recipe: Mexican Chicken Taco
Afternoon Recipe: Flan
Cultural Play Time: Fiesta Pinata
Day 4 : Dragonboat Festival
Day 5 : Festival of Color: India
Morning Recipe: Butter Chicken with Naan
Afternoon Recipe: Holi Festival-Inspired Pancake
Cultural Play Time: Color Me Happy Party
Our Children Not Just Book Smart, Need to be Life Smart!
A robust curriculum with a special blend of key learning ingredients. We believe that cooking lends itself well to education in the 21st century. Oh My GUUDNEST way of learning uses a special flavorful and learningful blend ingredients of:
- Sensory learning experiences through the 5 senses are like food to the brain of young children.
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) cultivates a set of essential mindset and skills that help children think, solve and invent things in a creative way.
- Growth Mindset allows children to thrive and embrace challenges head-on with good character traits
By combining these 3 important ingredients with cooking, it produces a very powerful way of learning that is fun, stimulating, hands-on and tasty! Children get to feed the food they cook not only to their body but also to their brain, enabling the development of knowledge and essential skills for them to thrive in learning and living in the 21st century.
Why Join Guudnest Learningful Play Program ?
- Comprehensive program developed and delivered by the experienced teaching team since 2012.
- Unique bi-lingual S.T.E.A.M.-based culinary program for children.
- Hands-on! Make your own lunch and snack!
- Daily enrichment activity to extend learning outside school.
- Essential life skills.
- Fun, attentive and experienced staff.
- Foster creativity and thinking ability.
- Flexible option: half/day, whole day camp
✦How do I register?
Once you've decided on the date and number of kids you want to sign up, you may either (1) go to our official website and complete your booking and registration there OR (2) you can go to our Facebook Messenger and ask a GUUDNEST team member for assistance.
✦Until when is your Early Bird Discount?
For Summer Camp: The deadline is on May 31st
Please do note that our space is limited, hence, an early bird discount will early once the camp is full. Booking early to enjoy the discount is encouraged.
✦I'm not sure which date to book, can I reserve a spot first?
Absolutely! If you are still unsure about the availability of your little one, you may reserve a spot in advance by completing the registration process and a non-refundable deposit of $3,000.
Once you have decided on the date, you may send us a message to confirm your preferred date. Full payment is required at least 30 days before the camp begins for successful registration.
Should you decide to cancel the reservation, the deposit of $3,000 is non-refundable. However, we will credit your prepaid deposit and you may use it in our regular workshops or holiday camps.
✦What is the minimum and maximum number of students per camp?
We have a minimum of 4 kids to open a camp but will not exceed 8 kids in each camp.
✦Are your camps taught in English?
The main language used during camp will be English, however, our instructors can also speak Chinese should the need arise for some children.
✦What time is the drop-off and pick-up during camp?
Our camp runs from 9:30-15:30 from Monday-Friday. You may drop off and pick up your little ones at least 30 minutes before and after camp.
Drop-off time: 9:00-9:30
Pick-up time: 15:30-15:50
Half-day camp schedule:
Morning: 9:30-12:30 (includes lunch)
Afternoon: 12:30-15:30 (excludes lunch)
✦What should I bring during the camp week?
1. Reusable Water Bottle
2. Extra Masks
3. Hand Towel
4. Reusable Food Container
✦Do I need to prepare extra lunch?
The morning recipe will be your little one's lunch, the food portion is enough to fill them up. Should there be extra food, we will pack them in your reusable food container so your little one can share their masterpiece with you.
If you feel like your little one won’t enjoy the recipe for the day, please feel free to bring in their lunch and we’ll happily reheat it for them during lunchtime.
✦Am I required to sign up for the whole week?
Our camp registration is very flexible.
You may register for only a day or a half-day for each camp theme.
✦What are the payment methods?
Our payment options are:
1) Cash Payment
2) Wire Transfer
3) Credit Card Payment (in-store and online)
✦Can a relative or a friend accompany my little one to the camp?
We highly encourage our campers to be more independent and learn how to socialize with other kids.
Should it be your little one's first time, a parent can accompany your little one for a maximum of 15 minutes. If you're worried that your little one might start looking for you, you may stay at the reception area where they can easily find you.
Attending a Camp
- We kindly ask that you arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your camp as we will be preparing for your class until this time.
- Please leave within 10 mins after the class finishes for kids' safety and cleaning of the kitchen facility
- For environmental issues, please bring a kid’s personal water bottle and hand towel to be used throughout the workshop.
- In case your child doesn't like or chooses not to eat the lunch and/or snack made on the day, you are welcome to bring a packed lunch from home. We can reheat it in our steamer oven.
Where possible, our instructors will accommodate dietary constraints. As a courtesy, we ask that you alert our staff of allergies and dietary restrictions upon booking OR 7 days prior to the booked class. Allergies are the responsibility of the attendee but not of Guudnest. We are unable to take responsibility for allergic reactions to foodstuffs.
During the Camp
- In order to control the workshop quality and enhance children’s concentration, parents are requested to stay in the parents’ rest area after 9:30 when the workshop starts.
- Due to the busy schedule in the camp, we do not provide photo taking service. Parents may take photos (no video) of their kids during the camp. However, kindly be discrete so as not to interrupt the class.
- If we have any photos taken for our internal needs, we will share all we have got of the week through Google Drive and send you the link by email. The link will be valid for one week.
- Kids must follow the rules in the kitchen in order to avoid any accidents or injuries during the workshop. Failure to follow instructions and kitchen rules, the misbehaved child will automatically be pulled out of the workshop and can only return and join the camp after he/she can work in a cooperative manner.
Booking Terms and Conditions
In addition to the existing Guudnest Summer Camp terms and condition, please note the terms and conditions in regard to COVID-19
- For the safety of our community, Guudnest holds the right to seek family travel information declaration through our travel survey form, and we expect you to provide true and correct information to the best of your knowledge.
- All students are required to follow Guudnest’s COVID-19 Safety Precautionary Measures such as but not limited to filling out travel surveys, temperature checks, sanitizing hands regularly, wearing masks, haven’t been in contact with anyone who was suspected of COVID-19, etc.
- In any unforeseen circumstances and situations posed by COVID-19, Guudnest holds the right to do the following for the best interest and welfare of the campers, teaching staff members, and the community:
• Adjust precautionary measures
• Adjust the camp time, student allocation, recipes, ingredients, and activities
• Sudden postponement, rescheduling, or cancelation of the camp.
- If the camp has to be canceled due to the Taipei City Government’s announcements of COVID-19 measures, a refund will be made after deducting the booking administration fee, bank transaction fee, and camp fees.
- Please inform us immediately if you, anyone in your family, or anyone you have been in frequent close contact with has been diagnosed with COVID-19
- If the camper is not feeling well at the time of their booked camp, we would advise them to stay home and follow safety precautions. An administration fee of $300/ half-day camp will be charged or $600/ full-day camp.
- Members who booked the camp using points have the option to reschedule their camp to another week or theme only once at least 14 days prior to the camp being booked. Slots will be based on availability.
- If in any case no rescheduled date has been selected, points refunded will be credited and can be used another time within 1 year from the date of purchase.
- Due to the unique nature of our program which involves the use of cooking and multi-disciplinary learning subjects, food ingredients and learning materials have been secured and prepared in advance for your child’s booking. Cancellations made in less than 24 hours will be charged $600/full-day camp and $300/half-day camp for the day. If no cancellation was made, we would consider it a no-show and no refund will be made.
- Early bird bookings will be subject to pro-rata upon cancellation and will be based on the original five full-day camp price is no longer valid.
Camp Cancellation Policy
- The points will be returned in full if the cancellation is made more than 14 calendar days prior to the date of camp.
- 7-13 calendar days prior to the camp start, the option to reschedule once or return 70% of the points (rounded up to the nearest whole digit) will be made available.
- 6 to 4 calendar days prior to the camp start, the option to reschedule once or return 50% of the points (rounded up to the nearest whole digit) will be made available.
- Less than 3 calendar days prior to the date of the camp, there is no option of rescheduling or canceling.
- Members are allowed to find a substitute if he/she can’t join the camp. What is required only is the name of the kid and parent, and mobile phone number before the camp starts.
- A minimum of 4 participants is required to run a camp. Guudnest reserves the right to reschedule the class or refund in full if less than 4 participants. If the camp is rescheduled, participants will be notified no matter than 48 hours before the class.
- If the camper is not feeling well at the time of their booked camp, we would advise for them to stay home and follow safety precautions. An administration fee of $300/ half-day camp will be charged or $600/full-day camp.
Conditions Apply:＊15% cancellation fee is applied if request a refund.
Cancellation of the camp due to COVID-19:
- If the camp has to be canceled due to the Taipei City Government’s announcements of COVID-19 measures, the remaining amount will be refunded after deducting the administrative fee (15% of the original price amount) + camp fees (original price amount ÷ total booked class x number of attended class) + food handling fee ( $300 x number of class )
- If the camper chooses to transfer the credit to GUUDNEST class points, administrative fees will not be charged.
- However, if the camp has started, attended camp class and food handling fees will be charged.
CAMPS BOOKING & CANCELLATION
Please click the link for details