“An attitude of gratitude brings great things” Yogi BhajanThis thanksgiving month, let’s put our Gratitude in Action. Join us for a month filled with thanks and learn to be thankful & grateful for the challenging times, for the food on our table and for the people around us. Let’s give thanks together this November.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS AT GUUDNEST
Safety measures are still in place to keep you and everyone around you healthy and safe. Let's continue to work together to keep everyone safe. Please refer to the link for our safety preventive measures during our workshop.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS AT GUUDNEST
Please click the link for details
Weekly Theme & Recipe
Week 3: November 20th
Theme: Act of Gratitude
STEAMulating Recipe: Apple Crumble Muffin Topped with Gratitude
Learning Quest: Owls are thankful for the food on our plate
Week 4: November 27th
Theme: Act of Gratitude
STEAMulating Recipe: Thanksgiving Gobble Pie
Learning Quest: Owls are thankful for the Harvest Season - Thanksgiving
Children shouldn't just be Book Smart, need to be Life Smart too!
A robust curriculum with a special blend of key learning ingredients. We believe that cooking lends itself well to education in the 21st century. Oh My GUUDNEST way of learning uses a special flavorful and learningful blend ingredients of:
- Sensory learning experiences through the 5 senses are like food to the brain of young children.
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) cultivates a set of essential mindsets and skills that help children think, solve and invent things in a creative way.
- A Growth Mindset allows children to thrive and embrace challenges head-on with good character traits
By combining these 3 important ingredients with cooking, it produces a very powerful way of learning that is fun, stimulating, hands-on, and tasty! Children get to feed the food they cook not only to their bodies but also to their brains, enabling the development of knowledge and essential skills for them to thrive in learning and living in the 21st century.
Why Join Guudnnest Learningful Play Workshop?
- Taiwan’s premier in kids culinary program since 2012
- Unique bi-lingual S.T.E.A.M.-based culinary program for children.
- Hands-on! Make your own food!
- Daily enrichment activity to extend learning outside school
- Essential life skills
- Fun and Experienced instructors and staff
- Foster creativity and thinking ability
Attending a Workshop
- We kindly ask that you arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your workshop as we will be preparing for your class until this time.
- Please kindly leave within 10 mins after the workshop finishes for safety concerns when cleaning the kitchen facility.
- To save our environment, please bring your child's personal water bottle and hand towel to be used throughout the workshop.
- Where possible, our instructors will accommodate dietary constraints. As a courtesy, we ask that you alert our staff of allergies and dietary restrictions upon booking OR 7 days prior to the booked class. Allergies are the responsibility of the attendee but not of Guudnest. We are unable to take responsibility for allergic reactions to foodstuffs.
During the Workshop
- In order to control the workshop quality and enhance children’s concentration, parents are requested to stay in the parents’ rest area after the workshop starts.
- Due to the busy schedule in the workshop, we do not provide photo taking service. Parents may take photos (no video) of their kids during the workshop. However, kindly be discrete as not to interrupt the class.
- If we have any photos taken for our internal needs, we will share all we have got of the week through Google drive and send you the link by email. The link will be valid for one week.
- Kids must follow the rules in the kitchen in order to avoid any accidents or injuries during the workshop. Failure to follow instructions and kitchen rules, a misbehaved child will automatically be pulled out of the workshop and can only return and join the class after he/she can work in a cooperative manner.
Booking Terms and Conditions
In addition to the existing Guudnest Summer Camp terms and conditions, please note the terms and conditions in regard to COVID-19
- For the safety of our community, Guudnest holds the right to seek family travel information declaration through our travel survey form, and we expect you to provide true and correct information to the best of your knowledge.
- All students are required to follow Guudnest’s COVID-19 Safety Precautionary Measures such as but not limited to filling out travel surveys, temperature checks, sanitize hands regularly, wearing masks, haven’t been in contact with anyone who was suspected with COVID-19, etc.
- In any unforeseen circumstances and situations posed by COVID-19, Guudnest holds the right to do the following for the best interest and welfare of the attendees, teaching staff members and the community:
• Adjust precautionary measures
• Adjust the workshop time, student allocation, recipes, ingredients, and activities
• Sudden postponement, rescheduling, or cancelation of the workshop
- If the workshop has to be canceled due to the Taipei City Government’s announcements of COVID-19 measures, a refund will be made after deducting the booking administration fee, bank transaction fee, and workshop fees.
- Please inform us immediately if you, anyone in your family, or anyone you have been in frequent close contact with has been diagnosed with COVID-19
- If your child is not feeling well at the time of their booked workshop, we would advise them to stay home and follow safety precautions. An administration fee will be charged.
Cancellation & Extension Policy
- The points will be returned in full if the cancellation is made more than 7 calendar days prior to the date of the workshop.
- 2 to 6 calendar days prior to the workshop starting, the option to reschedule or cancel will be made available.
- Between 24 to 48 hours prior to the workshop starting, the option to reschedule once per month or cancel and the points will be returned in full but need to pay a minimum admin fee of $200 (depending on the workshop).
- If less than 24 hrs, there is no option to cancel/reschedule, but members are allowed to find a substitute if he/she can’t join the workshop. What is required only is the name of the child and parent, mobile phone number before the workshop starts.
- A minimum of 4 participants is required to run a workshop. Guudnest reserves the right to reschedule the class or refund in full if less than 4 participants. If the workshop is rescheduled, participants will be notified no later than 48 hours before the class.
* 15% cancellation fee applies if there's a request for a refund.
* Members who booked the class using points can reschedule once per month if less than 24-48 hours before class, and points will be returned in full but would need to pay a cancellation fee of $200. If cancellation occurs the 2nd time of the month, no refund will be given. This condition applies to those who book the class using points only.
Cancellation of the Class due to COVID-19:
If the class has to be canceled due to the Taipei City Government’s announcement of COVID-19 measures (pandemic alert level 3 and 4), a refund will be made after deduction of the following fees depending on the situation:
If the class hasn't started yet, you have 2 options:
Option1: Transfer the credit to GUUDNEST class points, administration fees will not apply.
Option2: Refund the payment, an administration fee (15% of the original workshop price) will apply, and due to COVID-19 it will be credited into GUUDNEST class points.
- Example: $1,200 x 15% = $180 = 2P ( 2 class points )
If the class has started, attended class and food handling fees will also apply.
- Administration Fee (15% of the original workshop price)
- Class Fee (original price amount ÷ total booked class x number of attended classes)
- Food Handling Fee ($200 x number of unattended classes)