Are you UP for our ‘Brighten UP Summer Bucket List’?
There are so much to explore with your sense of wonder and discover all the learningful things under the sun!
We have put together BRIGHT ideas and activities to help you kick-off the summer right with a bucket-full of summer inspired delightful recipes accompanied by learningful activities and a handful of happy memories!
We have 13 weeks to Brighten UP your little one’s summer! Let’s help them 'Pick UP' a new skill, 'Think UP' a creative and inventive idea, 'Juice UP' an exciting plan, 'Look UP' for their lucky star, 'Dig UP' treasures hidden underground, 'Build UP' some life skills, 'Brighten UP' someone’s day, and to 'Never give UP' on challenges.
Jumpstart this season with bright ideas for a fun and learningful time. Come, explore and learn under the sun.
A Taste of Summer in every bite with Tuu Guud Pretzels!
Grab a bite of pretzels for FREE once a month when you tick off at least one workshop from our Brighten UP Bucket List! Let’s Pick UP new skills, Brighten UP your world, and Never Give UP!
Weekly Theme & Recipe
Week 1: July 6th - 10th
Theme: Float UP
STEAMulating Recipe: Ocean Soup and Sea Creature Garlic Bread
Learning Quest: Sink or Float? How do you want to explore the sea?
Week 2: July 13th - 17th
Theme: Build UP
STEAMulating Recipe: Camping Breakfast Burrito
Learning Quest: How to build a survival shelter in the wood?
Week 3: July 20th - 24thTheme: Dig UPSTEAMulating Recipe: Fossil Thumbprint CookieLearning Quest: How to discover things from the past?
Week 4: July 27th - 31st
Theme: Juice Up
STEAMulating Recipe: Lemonade Donut
Learning Quest: What to do when life throw you a lemon?
Our Children Not Just Book Smart, Need to be Life Smart!
A robust curriculum with a special blend of key learning ingredients. We believe that cooking lends itself well to education in the 21st century. Oh My GUUDNEST way of learning uses a special flavorful and learningful blend ingredients of:
- Sensory learning experiences through the 5 senses are like food to the brain of young children.
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) cultivates a set of essential mindset and skills that help children think, solve and invent things in a creative way.
- Growth Mindset allows children to thrive and embrace challenges head-on with good character traits
By combining these 3 important ingredients with cooking, it produces a very powerful way of learning that is fun, stimulating, hands-on and tasty! Children get to feed the food they cook not only to their body but also to their brain, enabling the development of knowledge and essential skills for them to thrive in learning and living in the 21st century.
Why Join Guudnnest Learningful Play Workshop ?
- Taiwan’s premier in kids culinary program since 2012
- Unique bi-lingual S.T.E.A.M. based culinary program for children.
- Hands on! Make your own lunch and snack!
- Daily enrichment activity to extend learning outside school
- Essential life skills
- Fun and Experienced instructors and staff
- Foster creativity and thinking ability
Attending a Workshop
- We kindly ask that you arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your workshop as we will be preparing for your class until this time.
- Please kindly leave within 10 mins after the workshop finishes for safety concerns when cleaning the kitchen facility.
- For environment issue, please bring kid’s personal water bottle and hand towel to be used throughout the workshop.
- In case your child doesn't like or chooses not to eat the lunch and/or snack made on the day, you are welcome to bring a packed lunch from home. We can reheat it in our steamer oven.
- Where possible, our instructors will accommodate dietary constraints. As a courtesy we ask that you alert our staff of allergies and dietary restrictions upon booking OR 7 days prior to the booked class. Allergies are the responsibility of the attendee but not of Guudnest. We are unable to take responsibility for allergic reactions to foodstuffs.
During the Workshop
- In order to control the workshop quality and enhance children’s concentration, parents are requested to stay in the parents’ rest area after the workshop starts.
- Due to busy schedule in the workshop, we do not provide photo taking service. Parents may take photos (no video) of your kids during the workshop. However, kindly be discrete as not to interrupt the class.
- If we have any photo taken for our internal needs, we will share all we have got of the week through Google drive and send you the link by email. The link will be valid for one week.
- Kids must follow the rules in the kitchen in order to avoid any accident or injury during the workshop. Failure to follow instructions and kitchen rules, misbehaved child will automatically be pulled out of the workshop and can only return and join the class after he/she can work in a cooperative manner.
Booking Terms and Conditions
In addition to the existing Guudnest Summer Camp terms and condition, please note the terms and conditions in regard to COVID-19
- For the safety of our community, Guudnest holds the right to seek family travel information declaration though our travel survey form, and we expect you to provide true and correct information to the best of your knowledge.
- All students are required to follow Guudnest’s COVID-19 Safety Precautionary Measures such as but not limited to filling out travel survey, temperature check, sanitize hands regularly, wearing of masks, haven’t been in contact with anyone who was suspected with COVID-19, etc.
- In any unforeseen circumstances and situations posed by COVID-19, Guudnest holds the right to do the following for the best interest and welfare of the campers, teaching staff members and the community:
• Adjust precautionary measures
• Adjust the camp time, student allocation, recipes, ingredients and activities
• Sudden postponement, rescheduling or cancelation of the camp.
- If the camp has to be canceled due to the Taipei City Government’s announcements of COVID-19 measures, a refund will be made after deducting the booking administration fee, bank transaction fee, and camp fees.
- Please inform us immediately if you, anyone in your family or anyone you have been in frequent close contact with has been diagnosed with COVID-19
- If the camper is not feeling well at the time of their booked camp, we would advise for them to stay home and follow safety precautions. An administration fee of $300/half-day camp will be charged or $600/full day camp.
Cancellation & Extension Policy
- The points will be returned in full if the cancellation is made more than 7 calendar days prior to the date of the workshop.
- 2 to 6 calendar days prior to the workshop starting, the option to reschedule or cancel will be made available.
- Between 24 to 48 hours prior to the workshop starting, the option to reschedule once per month or cancel and the points will be returned in full but need to pay a minimum admin fee of $200 (depending on the workshop).
- If less than 24 hrs, there is no option to cancel/reschedule, but members are allowed to find a substitute if he/she can’t join the workshop. What required only is the name of kid and parent, mobile phone number before the workshop starts.
- A minimum of 4 participants is required to run a workshop. Guudnest reserves the right to reschedule the class or refund in full if less than 4 participants. If the workshop is rescheduled, participants will be notified no later than 48 hours before the class.
* 15% cancellation fee applied if request for refund.
* Members who booked the class using points can reschedule once per month if less than 24-48 hours before class, and points will be returned in full but would need to pay a cancellation fee of $200. If cancellation occurs the 2nd time of the month, no refund will be given. This condition applies to those who book the class using points only.
Cancellation of the Class due to COVID-19:
If the class has to be canceled due to the Taipei City Government’s announcement of COVID-19 measures (pandemic alert level 3 and 4), a refund will be made after deduction of the following fees depending on the situation:
If the class hasn't started yet, you have 2 options:
Option1: Transfer the credit to GUUDNEST class points, administration fees will not apply.
Option2: Refund the payment, an administration fee (15% of the original camp price) will apply, and due to COVID-19 it will be credited into GUUDNEST class points.
- Example: $1,200 x 15% = $180 = 2P ( 2 class points )
If the class has started, attended class and food handling fees will also apply.
- Administration Fee (15% of the original camp price)
- Class Fee (original price amount ÷ total booked class x number of attended class)
- Food Handling Fee ($200 x number of unattended class)