Get a TASTE of SUMMER like no other - Artsy & Tasty World
There’s a little artist inside all of us. Time for our budding chefs to transform the works of world-famous artists into a real sensory gourmet experience!
Throughout the week, we will get to know more about the world’s greatest artists to learn and explore their iconic artworks, be inspired and create our own work of art in both edible and non-edible form!
Each day, kids will make and create their own lunch inspired by the covered artist before creating their own artwork and apply their unique art style and techniques they just learned in a STEAMulating project.
Oh my goodness! Art inspired-food just taste better and STEAM-fueled brain just got wittier!! What a real Sensory Culinary Art experience!
Daily Recipe & Art / STEAMulating Project
Day 1 : Henry Matisse
Morning Recipe: Matisse Garden Pizza (Hawaiian with Assorted Veggies)
Hawaiian with Assorted Veggies
Art project: Drawing with scissors
STEAMulating project: Engineer the Cuts!
Day 2 : Yayoi Kusama
Morning Recipe: Contemporary Bento Art
Sushi Art and Miso Soup
Art project: Donning the Dots Fashion Design
STEAMulating project: One Dot to Eternity!
Day 3 : Jackson Pollock
Morning Recipe: Splashed Spaghetti (Naturally Dyed Spaghetti with Garlic and Olive Oil)
Art project: Drizzled Art: Apron and all that!
STEAMulating project: Cookie Icing Splatter Machine
Day 4 : Claude Monet
Morning Recipe: Quiche garden
Art project: ‘Imaginary Garden’ Painting on a Canvas
STEAMulating project: Monet’s Magical Pond
Day 5 : Jason Freeny
Morning Recipe: Bare Bear Burger
Art project: Anatomy Art
STEAMulating project: Robotic Skeleton
Sample of Daily Program
1st Half Day : 9.30am - 12.30am
- Artist introduction: life, famous artworks and art techniques
- Hands on cooking: make their own lunch from scratch
- Assemble and decorate their lunch using the art technique inspired by covered the artist
- Enjoy their sensory lunch experience
2nd Half Day : 12:30 - 15:30pm
- Art Introduction: art style and technique of the famous artist
- Introduce art project: practice and artwork creation
- STEAM project: apply the learning and art technique during the day to solve problems and engineer solutions in STEAMulaing way
- Enjoy an afternoon tea food play and eat it too!
✦How do I register?
Once you've decided on the date and number of kids you want to sign up, you may either (1) go to our official website and complete your booking and registration there OR (2) you can go to our Facebook Messenger and ask a GUUDNEST team member for assistance.
✦Until when is your Early Bird Discount?
For GUUDY CAMP (4-6 years old) : Deadline is on May 30th
For REGULAR CAMP (6-12 years old) : Deadline is on April 15th
Please do note that our space is limited, hence, early bird discount will early once the camp is full. Booking early to enjoy the discount is encouraged.
✦I'm not sure which date to book, can I reserve a spot first?
Absolutely! If you are still unsure about the availability of your little one, you may reserve a spot in advance by completing the registration process and a non-refundable deposit of $3,000.
Once you have decided on the date, you may send us a message to confirm your preferred date. A full payment is required at least 30 days before the camp begins for a successful registration.
Should you decide to cancel the reservation, the deposit of $3,000 is non-refundable. However, we will credit your prepaid deposit and you may use it in our regular workshops or holiday camps.
✦If my little one is 6 years old, should I sign him/her up for GUUDY CAMP (4-6 years old) or REGULAR CAMP (6-12 years old)?
It is recommended to book your little one to experience our regular workshop first in order for our instructors to evaluate your little one.
✦What is the minimum and maximum number of students per camp?
We have a minimum of 4 kids to open a camp but will not exceed 10 kids in each camp.
✦Are your camps taught in English?
The main language used during camp will be in English, however, our instructors can also speak Chinese should the need arise for some children.
✦Are your camps suitable for both boys and girls?
Definitely! GUUDNEST camp curriculum is suitable for everyone.
✦What time is the drop-off and pick-up during camp?
Our camp runs from 9:30-15:30 from Monday-Friday. You may drop off and pick up your little ones at least 30 minutes before and after camp.
Drop off time: 9:00-9:30
Pick up time: 15:30-15:50
Half-day camp schedule:
Morning: 9:30-12:30 (includes lunch)
Afternoon: 12:30-15:30 (excludes lunch)
✦What should I bring during camp week?
1. Reusable Water Bottle
2. Extra Masks
3. Hand Towel
4. Reusable Food Container
✦Do I need to prepare extra lunch?
The morning recipe will be your little one's lunch, the food portion is enough to fill them up. Should there be extra food, we will pack them in your reusable food container so your little one can share their masterpiece with you.
If you feel like your little one won’t enjoy the recipe for the day, please feel free to bring in their lunch and we’ll happily reheat it for them during lunch time.
✦Am I required to sign up for the whole week?
Our camp registration is very flexible.
You may register for only a day or a half-day for each camp theme.
✦What are the payment methods?
Our payment options are:
(1) Cash Payment
(2) Wire Transfer
(3) Credit Card Payment (in-store and online)
✦Can a relative or a friend accompany my little one in the camp?
We highly encourage our campers to be more independent and learn how to socialize with other kids.
Should it be your little one's first time, a parent can accompany your little one for a maximum of 15 minutes. If you're worried that your little one might start looking for you, you may stay at the reception area where they can easily find you.
Attending a Camp
- We kindly ask that you arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your camp as we will be preparing for your class until this time.
- Please leave within 10 mins after the class finishes for kids safety and cleaning of the kitchen facility
- For environment issue, please bring kid’s personal water bottle and hand towel to be used throughout the workshop.
- In case your child doesn't like or chooses not to eat the lunch and/or snack made on the day, you are welcome to bring a packed lunch from home. We can reheat it in our steamer oven.
Where possible, our instructors will accommodate dietary constraints. As a courtesy we ask that you alert our staff of allergies and dietary restrictions upon booking OR 7 days prior to the booked class. Allergies are the responsibility of the attendee but not of Guudnest. We are unable to take responsibility for allergic reactions to foodstuffs.
During the Camp
- In order to control the workshop quality and enhance children’s concentration, parents are requested to stay in the parents’ rest area after 9:30 when the workshop starts.
- Due to busy schedule in the camp, we do not provide photo taking service. Parents may take photos(no video) of your kids during the camp. However, kindly be discrete as not to interrupt the class.
- If we have any photo taken for our internal needs, we will share all we have got of the week through Google drive and send you the link by email. The link will be valid for one week.
- Kids must follow the rules in the kitchen in order to avoid any accident or injury during the workshop. Failure to follow instructions and kitchen rules, misbehaved child will automatically be pulled out of the workshop and can only return and join the camp after he/she can work in a cooperative manner.
Booking Terms and Conditions
In addition to the existing Guudnest Summer Camp terms and condition, please note the terms and conditions in regard to COVID-19
- For the safety of our community, Guudnest holds the right to seek family travel information declaration though our travel survey form, and we expect you to provide true and correct information to the best of your knowledge.
- All students are required to follow Guudnest’s COVID-19 Safety Precautionary Measures such as but not limited to filling out travel survey, temperature check, sanitize hands regularly, wearing of masks, haven’t been in contact with anyone who was suspected with COVID-19, etc.
- In any unforeseen circumstances and situations posed by COVID-19, Guudnest holds the right to do the following for the best interest and welfare of the campers, teaching staff members and the community:
• Adjust precautionary measures
• Adjust the camp time, student allocation, recipes, ingredients and activities
• Sudden postponement, rescheduling or cancelation of the camp.
- If the camp has to be cancelled due to the Taipei City Government’s announcements of COVID-19 measures, a refund will be made after deducting the booking administration fee, bank transaction fee, and camp fees.
- Please inform us immediately if yourself, anyone in your family or anyone you have been in frequent close contact with has been diagnosed with COVID-19
- If the camper is not feeling well at the time of their booked camp, we would advised for them to stay home and follow safety precautions. An administration fee of $300/half-day camp will be charged or $600/full day camp.
Camp Cancellation Policy
|Days before the camp||Ponit Refund %||Cash Refund %|
|Less than 3 days||0%||0%|
- Members who booked the camp using points have the option to reschedule their camp to another week or theme only once at least 14 days prior to the camp booked. Slots will be based on availability.
- If in any case no rescheduled date has been selected, points refunded will be credited and can be used another time within 1 year from the date of purchase.
- Due to the unique nature of our program which involves the use of cooking and multi-disciplinary learning subjects, food ingredients and learning materials have been secured and prepared in advance for your child’s booking. Cancellation made in less than 24 hours will be charged $600/full day camp and $300/half-day camp for the day. If no cancellation was made, we would consider it as a no show and no refund will be made.