Time to Spring into action to grow our mindset, weed out the bad and make room to bloom! In this one-week camp, your little one will enjoy hands-on experience making delicious recipes, sharpen their STEAM mindset, and make meaningful connection with nature this spring season and plant a seed of a growth mindset! Just like how seasons change, Spring represents new beginning.
Like a tiny seed, let’s all G.R.O.W. (Gather your efforts to get better, Raise your resilient mind and capable hands, Optimize opportunities to learn from mistakes, Wonder often and work out ways to solve your wonder) together this Spring.
Join us and make this Spring break a meaningful, fruitful and tasty one.
Daily Recipe & S.T.E.A.M. Activity
Day 1 : Sensing & Mesmerizing Spring
Growth Mindset of the day: Getting to know more about our brain and our senses through mindfulness Spring observation
Morning Recipe: Spring Focaccia
Afternoon Recipe: Granola Parfait in a Plant Pot
Learningful Play: Brain Teasing Enchanted Spring Walk
Day 2 : Brainy Spring Has Sprung
Growth Mindset of the day : What brain and plants have in common?
Morning Recipe : Spring Garden Farfalle Pasta Salad
Afternoon Recipe : Brownie Garden
Learningful Play: Grow a seed of a growth mindset into an imaginary Spring garden
Day 3 : Blossom Brain
Growth Mindset of the day : Our brain can be trained to be smarter and stronger
Morning Recipe : Blossom Sushi Bento
Afternoon Recipe : Bloom in a Cookie Pot
Learningful Play: How do you make a box bloom?
Day 4 : Challenge makes me grow
Growth Mindset of the day : Embrace challenge with a courageous heart, creative brain and persistent hands
Morning Recipe: Carbonara Bird Nest
Afternoon Recipe: Dough or Dare: The Growth Mindset Bake Off (Pretzel)
Learningful Play: Dare to fall, learn to fly
Day 5 : Eggcellent Hopping Time
Growth Mindset of the day: Celebration of the Eggs-traordinary Mind, Eggs-traordinary Me!
Morning Recipe: Bunny Burger
Afternoon Recipe: Bunny & Easter Macaron, Dyed Easter Egg
Learningful Play: How to catch the Easter Egg Bunny: Easter Scavenger Hunt
Sample of Daily Program
1st Half Day
9:30 - 9:45am :
Arrive and get ready for the camp.
9:45 - 10:00am :
Orientation of the daily theme: cooking recipes & enriched learning activity.
10:00 - 11:45am :
Cooking Time: Savory Recipe - make your own lunch.
11:45 - 12:30pm :
Lunch & Quiet Play Time.
2nd Half Day
12:30 - 13:30pm :
S.T.E.A.M & Growth Mindset acitivity inspired by the daily theme.
13:30 - 15:00pm :
Cooking Time: Dessert / Snack Recipe
15:00 - 15:30pm :
Snack time & game.
Happy end of day camp! Home time.
Our Children Not Just Book Smart, Need to be Life Smart!
A robust curriculum with a special blend of key learning ingredients. We believe that cooking lends itself well to education in the 21st century. Oh My GUUDNEST way of learning uses a special flavorful and learningful blend ingredients of:
- Sensory learning experiences through the 5 senses are like food to the brain of young children.
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) cultivates a set of essential mindset and skills that help children think, solve and invent things in a creative way.
- Growth Mindset allows children to thrive and embrace challenges head-on with good character traits
By combining these 3 important ingredients with cooking, it produces a very powerful way of learning that is fun, stimulating, hands-on and tasty! Children get to feed the food they cook not only to their body but also to their brain, enabling the development of knowledge and essential skills for them to thrive in learning and living in the 21st century.
Why Join Guudnest Learningful Play Program ?
- Comprehensive program developed and delievered by the experienced teaching team since 2012.
- Unique bi-lingual S.T.E.A.M. based culinary program for children.
- Hands on! Make your own lunch and snack!
- Daily enrichment activity to extend learning outside school.
- Essential life skills.
- Fun ,attentive and experienced staff.
- Foster creativity and thinking ability.
- Flexible option: half/day, whole day camp
Attending a Camp
- We kindly ask that you arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your camp as we will be preparing for your class until this time.
- Please leave within 10 mins after the class finishes for kids safety and cleaning of the kitchen facility
- For environment issue, please bring kid’s personal water bottle and hand towel to be used throughout the workshop.
- In case your child doesn't like or chooses not to eat the lunch and/or snack made on the day, you are welcome to bring a packed lunch from home. We can reheat it in our steamer oven.
Where possible, our instructors will accommodate dietary constraints. As a courtesy we ask that you alert our staff of allergies and dietary restrictions upon booking OR 7 days prior to the booked class. Allergies are the responsibility of the attendee but not of Guudnest. We are unable to take responsibility for allergic reactions to foodstuffs.
During the Camp
- In order to control the workshop quality and enhance children’s concentration, parents are requested to stay in the parents’ rest area after 9:30 when the workshop starts.
- Due to busy schedule in the camp, we do not provide photo taking service. Parents may take photos(no video) of your kids during the camp. However, kindly be discrete as not to interrupt the class.
- If we have any photo taken for our internal needs, we will share all we have got of the week through Google drive and send you the link by email. The link will be valid for one week.
- Kids must follow the rules in the kitchen in order to avoid any accident or injury during the workshop. Failure to follow instructions and kitchen rules, misbehaved child will automatically be pulled out of the workshop and can only return and join the camp after he/she can work in a cooperative manner.
Booking Terms and Conditions
In addition to the existing Guudnest Summer Camp terms and condition, please note the terms and conditions in regard to COVID-19
- For the safety of our community, Guudnest holds the right to seek family travel information declaration though our travel survey form, and we expect you to provide true and correct information to the best of your knowledge.
- All students are required to follow Guudnest’s COVID-19 Safety Precautionary Measures such as but not limited to filling out travel survey, temperature check, sanitize hands regularly, wearing of masks, haven’t been in contact with anyone who was suspected with COVID-19, etc.
- In any unforeseen circumstances and situations posed by COVID-19, Guudnest holds the right to do the following for the best interest and welfare of the campers, teaching staff members and the community:
• Adjust precautionary measures
• Adjust the camp time, student allocation, recipes, ingredients and activities
• Sudden postponement, rescheduling or cancelation of the camp.
- If the camp has to be cancelled due to the Taipei City Government’s announcements of COVID-19 measures, a refund will be made after deducting the booking administration fee, bank transaction fee, and camp fees.
- Please inform us immediately if yourself, anyone in your family or anyone you have been in frequent close contact with has been diagnosed with COVID-19
- If the camper is not feeling well at the time of their booked camp, we would advised for them to stay home and follow safety precautions. An administration fee of $300/half-day camp will be charged or $600/full day camp.
|Days before the camp||Point Refund %||Cash Refund %|
|Less than 3 Days||0%||0%|
- Members who booked the camp using points have the option to reschedule their camp to another week or theme only once at least 14 days prior to the camp booked. Slots will be based on availability.
- If in any case no rescheduled date has been selected, points refunded will be credited and can be used another time within 1 year from the date of purchase.
- Due to the unique nature of our program which involves the use of cooking and multi-disciplinary learning subjects, food ingredients and learning materials have been secured and prepared in advance for your child’s booking. Cancellation made in less than 24 hours will be charged $600/full day camp and $300/half-day camp for the day. If no cancellation was made, we would consider it as a no show and no refund will be made.
- Early bird bookings will be subject to pro-rata upon cancellation and will be based on the original five full-day camp price and free workshop is no longer valid. Free workshop (valued at $1,100) will only be granted or claimed upon completion of the five full-day camp.