December: Winter Warmest Wishes
GUUDNEST has a collection of holiday goodness that will warm your heart, delight your senses and create your fondest holiday memory ever!
A gust of wind is blowing, and we can already feel the chilly air of winter.
But, as the wise owl says, “Winter is the Warmest Season”. Why is it, we wonder?
Fly into the warm and welcoming home of Guudy as we decorate our nest with Holiday Wreath Bread and Gingerbread Christmas Tree.
Hmm. the smell of Christmas and cinnamon is Tuu Guud!
Feel the warmth and sip a steamy bowl of Ravioli Soup made from scratch while reading a heartwarming story called The Mitten as we huddle with the Gingerbread Man and his family on a cold day like this.
Feeling the warmth yet?
STEAM up and measure the warmth with a homemade thermometer especially made in the science kitchen.
We will wrap up our wonderful holiday month by extending our warm wishes to Frosty the snowman!
If there is one kind of warmth that we want to stay away from, it is Global warming!
Let’s explore how our little hands can help slow down Frosty’s melting cycle before getting back into the kitchen to bake Frosty the snowman cupcakes!
What a meaningful and sweet ending to a year full of warmth, love, and joy!
Let’s kick off this magical, jolly holiday season together!
Weekly Theme & Recipe
Week 1: Dec 1st – 5th
Theme: Winter Warm Wrap
STEAMulating Recipe: Ravioli in a Warm Soup
Learning Quest: How to keep warm in Winter Wonderland?
Week 2: Dec 8th – 12th
Theme: Winter Warm Wishes
STEAMulating Recipe: Fruity Holiday Envelope Pie
Learning Quest: Magic Seal for a Letter to Santa
Week 3: Dec 15th – 18th
Theme: Winter Warm Heart Bring People Together
STEAMulating Recipe: Gingerbread Cookie Family
Learning Quest: Bonding time!
Week 4: Dec 22nd – 26th
Theme: Warm Welcome Home
STEAMulating Recipe: Holiday Bread Wreath with Ham and Cheese Filling
Learning Quest: How do you measure the warmth?
Week 5: Dec 29th – Jan 2nd
Theme: Stay Warm on the inside
STEAMulating Recipe: Frosty Snowman Holiday Cupcake
Learning Quest: Save Frosty from Global Warming
Attending a Workshop
- We kindly ask that you arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your workshop as we will be preparing for your class until this time.
- Please kindly leave within 10 mins after the workshop finishes for safety concerns when cleaning the kitchen facility.
- For environment issue, please bring kid’s personal water bottle and hand towel to be used throughout the workshop.
- In case your child doesn't like or chooses not to eat the lunch and/or snack made on the day, you are welcome to bring a packed lunch from home. We can reheat it in our steamer oven.
- Where possible, our instructors will accommodate dietary constraints. As a courtesy we ask that you alert our staff of allergies and dietary restrictions upon booking OR 7 days prior to the booked class. Allergies are the responsibility of the attendee but not of Guudnest. We are unable to take responsibility for allergic reactions to foodstuffs.
During the Workshop
- In order to control the workshop quality and enhance children’s concentration, parents are requested to stay in the parents’ rest area after the workshop starts.
- Due to busy schedule in the workshop, we do not provide photo taking service. Parents may take photos (no video) of your kids during the workshop. However, kindly be discrete as not to interrupt the class.
- If we have any photo taken for our internal needs, we will share all we have got of the week through Google drive and send you the link by email. The link will be valid for one week.
- Kids must follow the rules in the kitchen in order to avoid any accident or injury during the workshop. Failure to follow instructions and kitchen rules, misbehaved child will automatically be pulled out of the workshop and can only return and join the class after he/she can work in a cooperative manner.
Cancellation & Extension Policy
- The points will be returned in full if the cancellation is made more than 7 calendar days prior to the date of the workshop.
- 2 to 6 calendar days prior to the workshop starting, the option to reschedule or cancel will be made available.
- Between 24 to 48 hours prior to the workshop starting, the option to reschedule once per month or cancel and the points will be returned in full but need to pay a minimum admin fee of $200 (depending on the workshop).
- If less than 24 hrs, there is no option to cancel/reschedule, but members are allowed to find a substitute if he/she can’t join the workshop. What required only is the name of kid and parent, mobile phone number before the workshop starts.
- A minimum of 4 participants is required to run a workshop. Guudnest reserves the right to reschedule the class or refund in full if less than 4 participants. If the workshop is rescheduled, participants will be notified no later than 48 hours before the class.
* 15% cancellation fee applied if request for refund.
* Members who booked the class using points can reschedule once per month if less than 24-48 hours before class, and points will be returned in full but would need to pay a cancellation fee of $200. If cancellation occurs the 2nd time of the month, no refund will be given. This condition applies to those who book the class using points only.