Brighten Up Summer Bucket List
Are you UP for our ‘Brighten UP Summer Bucket List’?
There are so much to explore with your sense of wonder and discover all the learningful things under the sun! We have put together BRIGHT ideas and activities to help you kick-off the summer right with a bucket-full of summer inspired delightful recipes accompanied by learningful activities and a handful of happy memories!
We have 13 weeks to Brighten UP your little one’s summer! Let’s help them 'Pick UP' a new skill, 'Think UP' a creative and inventive idea, 'Juice UP' an exciting plan, 'Look UP' for their lucky star, 'Dig UP' treasures hidden underground, 'Build UP' some life skills, 'Brighten UP' someone’s day, and to 'Never give UP' on challenges.
Weekly Theme & Recipe
Week 1: Think UP
Can you invent something to catch the Sun?
Sun Bread with Sun-Dreid Tomato Filling
Week 2: Pick Up new skills
Can you code a cupcake?
Sand Castle Cupcake
Week 3: Pack Up
What to bring on a beach picnic?
SeaShell Pasta Salad
Week 4: Cook UP & CelebrateLearning Quest:
Happy Dragon Boat Festival
Week 5: Look UP
Stargazing~ Let's find and name our star.
Constellation Chocolate Tart
Week 6: Float UP
Sink or float? How to do you want to explore the sea?
Ocean Soup and Sea Creature Garlic Bread
Week 7: Build UP
Camp Fire Breakfast Burrito
Week 8: Dig UP
Discover and learn from the past
Fossil Thumbprint Cookies
Week 9: Juice UP
When life throws you a lemon
Week 10: Brighten UP
Father's Day: You Brighten up my world
Daddy Double Love, Double Cheese Burger
Week 11: Mix it UP
Make the best of both worlds
Jello Mello Dango Fruit Salad with Red Bean
Week 12: Never Give UP
There is always a way to come up with a solution.
Tangled Noodle Salad
Week 13: Light UP
How do you create your own Sunshine?
Ricotta Cookie with Sunshine Orange Candy
Our Children Not Just Book Smart, Need to be Life Smart!
A robust curriculum with a special blend of key learning ingredients. We believe that cooking lends itself well to education in the 21st century. Oh My GUUDNEST way of learning uses a special flavorful and learningful blend ingredients of:
- Sensory learning experiences through the 5 senses are like food to the brain of young children.
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) cultivates a set of essential mindset and skills that help children think, solve and invent things in a creative way.
- Growth Mindset allows children to thrive and embrace challenges head-on with good character traits
By combining these 3 important ingredients with cooking, it produces a very powerful way of learning that is fun, stimulating, hands-on and tasty! Children get to feed the food they cook not only to their body but also to their brain, enabling the development of knowledge and essential skills for them to thrive in learning and living in the 21st century.
Why Join Guudnnest Learningful Play Workshop ?
- Taiwan’s premier in kids culinary program since 2012
- Unique bi-lingual S.T.E.A.M. based culinary program for children.
- Hands on! Make your own lunch and snack!
- Daily enrichment activity to extend learning outside school
- Essential life skills
- Fun and Experienced instructors and staff
- Foster creativity and thinking ability
Attending a Workshop
- We kindly ask that you arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your workshop as we will be preparing for your class until this time.
- Please kindly leave within 10 mins after the workshop finishes for safety concerns when cleaning the kitchen facility.
- For environment issue, please bring kid’s personal water bottle and hand towel to be used throughout the workshop.
- In case your child doesn't like or chooses not to eat the lunch and/or snack made on the day, you are welcome to bring a packed lunch from home. We can reheat it in our steamer oven.
- Where possible, our instructors will accommodate dietary constraints. As a courtesy we ask that you alert our staff of allergies and dietary restrictions upon booking OR 7 days prior to the booked class. Allergies are the responsibility of the attendee but not of Guudnest. We are unable to take responsibility for allergic reactions to foodstuffs.
During the Workshop
- In order to control the workshop quality and enhance children’s concentration, parents are requested to stay in the parents’ rest area after the workshop starts.
- Due to busy schedule in the workshop, we do not provide photo taking service. Parents may take photos (no video) of your kids during the workshop. However, kindly be discrete as not to interrupt the class.
- If we have any photo taken for our internal needs, we will share all we have got of the week through Google drive and send you the link by email. The link will be valid for one week.
- Kids must follow the rules in the kitchen in order to avoid any accident or injury during the workshop. Failure to follow instructions and kitchen rules, misbehaved child will automatically be pulled out of the workshop and can only return and join the class after he/she can work in a cooperative manner.
Cancellation & Extension Policy
- The points will be returned in full if the cancellation is made more than 7 calendar days prior to the date of the workshop.
- 2 to 6 calendar days prior to the workshop starting, the option to reschedule or cancel will be made available.
- Between 24 to 48 hours prior to the workshop starting, the option to reschedule once per month or cancel and the points will be returned in full but need to pay a minimum admin fee of $200 (depending on the workshop).
- If less than 24 hrs, there is no option to cancel/reschedule, but members are allowed to find a substitute if he/she can’t join the workshop. What required only is the name of kid and parent, mobile phone number before the workshop starts.
- A minimum of 4 participants is required to run a workshop. Guudnest reserves the right to reschedule the class or refund in full if less than 4 participants. If the workshop is rescheduled, participants will be notified no later than 48 hours before the class.
* 15% cancellation fee applied if request for refund.
* Members who booked the class using points can reschedule once per month if less than 24-48 hours before class, and points will be returned in full but would need to pay a cancellation fee of $200. If cancellation occurs the 2nd time of the month, no refund will be given. This condition applies to those who book the class using points only.
What Is The Difference?
Chick 2-4Y0 : Toddlers joining this program are in for a treat! Each child will be bursting with Sensory experience and flavorful activities that they can learn from. From storytelling, role-playing and STEAMulating cooking or baking activity, your toddler will surely have a memorable and learningful experience.
Owlet 4-6Y0 : With a growth mindset in our curriculum, children as young as 4 years old can create and develop their logical skills through STEAM play. During this growth stage, children are more curious and love to explore. With the use of STEAM in cooking and STEAM in building, your little one will develop both their left and right brain.
Fledgling 6-12Y0 : The bigger kids tend to have more ideas and are more knowledgeable when it comes to logic. With that in mind, our teachers have planned their STEAMulating activity to be more challenging and to further enhance and develop their skills. Each week, Fledglings will have a learning quest that they need to accomplish. At the end of the day, they go home full of knowledge and a fun learningful experience.