One Globe, Many Worlds - S.T.E.A.M. Invention World
Unleash your creativity, and open new pathways to innovation! Human inventions and technologies have shaped civilizations and transformed life on Earth. Each generation possesses its own set of innovative thinkers and now it’s your turn for the 21st century! Let’s start your inventive thinker journey by learning from past inventions, collecting inspirations and nurturing the mindset and skills to be the creator of the future!
Each day, we will explore innovation and invention from a different field and learn how past and present inventors’ came up with inventions to solve a problem! From the ancient greatest invention, the world’s famous architecture, space discovery, human and technology to energy and renewable energy! Along the journey, we will get to apply key inventors’ mindset and thinking skills and come up with your own invention that is both creative and tasty!
Daily Recipe & Learningful Quest
Day 1 : Energy Innovation
Morning Recipe : Electro Pasta Carbonara
Afternoon Recipe : Solar Oven S’More
Invention Project: The edible circuit play dough
Day 2 : Architecture invention
Morning Recipe : Pisa Tower Pizza with Pork Meat Ball
Afternoon Recipe : Tiramisu Colosseum
Invention Project: Whip up some cool Edible Inventions
Day 3 : Ancient Great Invention
Morning Recipe : Hawashi: Egyptian Stuffed Pita with Seasoning Grounded Beef
Afternoon Recipe : Pyramid Brownie
Invention Project: Mummification
Day 4 : Human and Technology Innovation
Morning Recipe : Robot Pie with chicken filling
Afternoon Recipe : Cloning Scone
Invention Project: Code an edible robot
Day 5 : Space Invention
Morning Recipe : Spaceship Burger with beef patty
Afternoon Recipe : Granola Energy Ball
Invention Project: Rocket On Wheels
Sample of Daily Program
1st Half Day
9:30 - 9:45am :
Arrive and get ready for the camp.
9:45 - 10:00am :
Orientation of the daily theme: cooking recipes & enriched learning activity.
10:00 - 11:45am :
Cooking Time: Savory Recipe - make your own lunch.
11:45 - 12:30pm :
Lunch & Quiet Play Time.
2nd Half Day
12:30 - 13:30pm :
S.T.E.A.M & Growth Mindset acitivity inspired by the daily theme.
13:30 - 15:00pm :
Cooking Time: Dessert / Snack Recipe
15:00 - 15:30pm :
Snack time & game.
Happy end of day camp! Home time.
Our Children Not Just Book Smart, Need to be Life Smart!
A robust curriculum with a special blend of key learning ingredients. We believe that cooking lends itself well to education in the 21st century. Oh My GUUDNEST way of learning uses a special flavorful and learningful blend ingredients of:
- Sensory learning experiences through the 5 senses are like food to the brain of young children.
- S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) cultivates a set of essential mindset and skills that help children think, solve and invent things in a creative way.
- Growth Mindset allows children to thrive and embrace challenges head-on with good character traits
By combining these 3 important ingredients with cooking, it produces a very powerful way of learning that is fun, stimulating, hands-on and tasty! Children get to feed the food they cook not only to their body but also to their brain, enabling the development of knowledge and essential skills for them to thrive in learning and living in the 21st century.
Why Join GUUDNEST Learningful Play Program?
- Comprehensive program developed and delivered by the experienced teaching team since 2012.
- Unique bi-lingual S.T.E.A.M. based culinary program for children.
- Hands-on! Make your own lunch and snack!
- Daily enrichment activity to extend learning outside school.
- Essential life skills.
- Fun, attentive and experienced staff.
- Foster creativity and thinking ability.
- Flexible option: half/day, whole day camp
Attending a Camp
- We kindly ask that you arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your camp as we will be preparing for your class until this time.
- Please leave within 10 mins after the class finishes for kids safety and cleaning of the kitchen facility
- For environment issues, please bring kid’s personal water bottle and a hand towel to be used throughout the workshop.
- In case your child doesn't like or chooses not to eat lunch and/or snack made on the day, you are welcome to bring a packed lunch from home. We can reheat it in our steamer oven.
Where possible, our instructors will accommodate dietary constraints. As a courtesy, we ask that you alert our staff of allergies and dietary restrictions upon booking OR 7 days prior to the booked class. Allergies are the responsibility of the attendee but not of Guudnest. We are unable to take responsibility for allergic reactions to foodstuffs.
During the Camp
- In order to control the workshop quality and enhance children’s concentration, parents are requested to stay in the parents’ rest area after 9:30 when the workshop starts.
- Due to the busy schedule in the camp, we do not provide a photo taking service. Parents may take photos(no video) of your kids during the camp. However, kindly be discrete as not to interrupt the class.
- If we have any photo taken for our internal needs, we will share all we have got of the week through Google drive and send you the link by email. The link will be valid for one week.
- Kids must follow the rules in the kitchen in order to avoid any accident or injury during the workshop. Failure to follow instructions and kitchen rules, misbehaved child will automatically be pulled out of the workshop and can only return and join the camp after he/she can work in a cooperative manner.
Booking Terms and Conditions
In addition to the existing GUUDNEST Summer Camp terms and condition, please note the terms and conditions in regard to COVID-19
- For the safety of our community, GUUDNEST holds the right to seek family travel information declaration though our travel survey form, and we expect you to provide true and correct information to the best of your knowledge.
- All students are required to follow GUUDNEST’s COVID-19 Safety Precautionary Measures such as but not limited to filling out travel survey, temperature check, sanitize hands regularly, wearing of masks, haven’t been in contact with anyone who was suspected with COVID-19, etc.
- In any unforeseen circumstances and situations posed by COVID-19, GUUDNEST holds the right to do the following for the best interest and welfare of the campers, teaching staff members and the community:
• Adjust precautionary measures
• Adjust the camp time, student allocation, recipes, ingredients and activities
• Sudden postponement, rescheduling or cancelation of the camp.
- If the camp has to be canceled due to the Taipei City Government’s announcements of COVID-19 measures, you have the option to keep the credit or request a refund after deducting the administration fee, transaction fee, and camp fees if it has already begun.
- Please inform us immediately if yourself, anyone in your family or anyone you have been in frequent close contact with has been diagnosed with COVID-19
- If the camper is not feeling well before or at the time of their booked camp, we would advise them to stay home and follow safety precautions. An administration fee of $300/half-day camp will be charged or $600/full day camp.
Camp Cancellation Policy
|Days before the camp||Point Refund %||Cash Refund %|
|Less than 3 days||0%||0%|
- The points will be returned in full if the cancellation is made more than 14 calendar days prior to the date of camp.
- 7-13 calendar days prior to the camp start, the option to reschedule once or return 70% of the points (rounded up to the nearest whole digit) will be made available.
- 6 to 4 calendar days prior to the camp start, the option to reschedule once or return 50% of the points (rounded up to the nearest whole digit) will be made available.
- Less than 3 calendar days prior to the date of the camp, there is no option of rescheduling or canceling.
- Members are allowed to find a substitute if he/she can’t join the camp. What required only is the name of kid and parent, mobile phone number before the camp starts.
- A minimum of 4 participants is required to run a camp. GUUDNEST reserves the right to reschedule the class or refund in full if less than 4 participants. If the camp is rescheduled, participants will be notified no matter than 48 hours before the class.
- Free workshop (valued at $1,100) will only be granted or claimed upon completion of the 5 Full-Day Camp.
- 15% cancellation fee applied, if request for refund.