March Spring Program：Let’s March on into Spring
There’s no better season than spring that allows learning and growth to come naturally. This spring, we take inspiration from 3 key elements of the season – Roots, Growth, and Blossoms. Each month, we will focus on one of the key elements and embrace it into our Spring program to make meaningful connection with nature while nurturing a child’s natural curiosity, love of learning, and sense of responsibility towards nature.Let’s March towards spring and dive deep into the roots where life begins – from a tiny seed that grows from the ground up to becoming a majestic tree where a nest sits atop overlooking the sky where rainbow, sunshine, and rain all come into display!
Weekly Theme & Recipe
Week 1: Mar 2nd – 6th
Theme: Can you predict Spring?
STEAMulating Recipe: Spring Salsa in a Taco Cup
Learning Quest: How can we tell if spring is here?
Week 2: Mar 9th – 13th
Theme: Can you seed?
STEAMulating Recipe: Granola Parfalt Plant Pot
Learning Quest: How to wake up sleepy seeds?
Week 3: Mar 16th – 20th
Theme: Top or Bottom?
STEAMulating Recipe: Brownie Garden
Learning Quest: Can a plant grow without soil?
Week 4: Mar 23th – 27th
Theme: Weather or not?
STEAMulating Recipe: Rainbow Bagel Sandwich
Learning Quest: Can you make a weather?
Attending a Workshop
- We kindly ask that you arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your workshop as we will be preparing for your class until this time.
- Please kindly leave within 10 mins after the workshop finishes for safety concerns when cleaning the kitchen facility.
- For environment issue, please bring kid’s personal water bottle and hand towel to be used throughout the workshop.
- In case your child doesn't like or chooses not to eat the lunch and/or snack made on the day, you are welcome to bring a packed lunch from home. We can reheat it in our steamer oven.
- Where possible, our instructors will accommodate dietary constraints. As a courtesy we ask that you alert our staff of allergies and dietary restrictions upon booking OR 7 days prior to the booked class. Allergies are the responsibility of the attendee but not of Guudnest. We are unable to take responsibility for allergic reactions to foodstuffs.
During the Workshop
- In order to control the workshop quality and enhance children’s concentration, parents are requested to stay in the parents’ rest area after the workshop starts.
- Due to busy schedule in the workshop, we do not provide photo taking service. Parents may take photos (no video) of your kids during the workshop. However, kindly be discrete as not to interrupt the class.
- If we have any photo taken for our internal needs, we will share all we have got of the week through Google drive and send you the link by email. The link will be valid for one week.
- Kids must follow the rules in the kitchen in order to avoid any accident or injury during the workshop. Failure to follow instructions and kitchen rules, misbehaved child will automatically be pulled out of the workshop and can only return and join the class after he/she can work in a cooperative manner.
Cancellation & Extension Policy
- The points will be returned in full if the cancellation is made more than 7 calendar days prior to the date of the workshop.
- 2 to 6 calendar days prior to the workshop starting, the option to reschedule or cancel will be made available.
- Between 24 to 48 hours prior to the workshop starting, the option to reschedule once per month or cancel and the points will be returned in full but need to pay a minimum admin fee of $200 (depending on the workshop).
- If less than 24 hrs, there is no option to cancel/reschedule, but members are allowed to find a substitute if he/she can’t join the workshop. What required only is the name of kid and parent, mobile phone number before the workshop starts.
- A minimum of 4 participants is required to run a workshop. Guudnest reserves the right to reschedule the class or refund in full if less than 4 participants. If the workshop is rescheduled, participants will be notified no later than 48 hours before the class.
* 15% cancellation fee applied if request for refund.
* Members who booked the class using points can reschedule once per month if less than 24-48 hours before class, and points will be returned in full but would need to pay a cancellation fee of $200. If cancellation occurs the 2nd time of the month, no refund will be given. This condition applies to those who book the class using points only.