Valentine’s celebrations is the perfect time to encourage and remind your little ones that it is never too little to love and show compassion to family, friends and everyone around them, and that love is learning about the well-being of their heart and mind. This love month, let’s all learn how to have a mindful heart by growing our mindset and cook up a handful of Compassion and Love through our signature STEAMulating approach which combines cooking and multi-disciplinary learning subjects plus Physical & Emotional Development with ‘Owl Learningful Play’ activities that evoke children’s 5 senses and imagination.
Each week, our Learning Quest and STEAMulating recipe will take your child through essential elements of the heart and mind by expressing thoughts and feelings inside their hearts with a Hearty Pita Pocket, and to practice how to give and receive love through our warm and soft Heart-shaped Cinnamon Roll. We’ll collect actions that makes up a compassionate heart with Tic-Tac-Toe Cookies, and lastly, we’ll find ways to stack up our Heart-shaped Scones as we shoot straight from the heart.Weekly Theme & Recipe
What make your heart light up?
Heart-shaped Cinnamon Roll
How much can your heart hold?
XOXO Heart-shaped Cookies
How to shoot kindness straight from the heart?
Heart-shaped English Scone
Ways to speak from your heart
Hearty Chicken Pita Pocket
Our Children Not Just Book Smart, Need to be Life Smart!
Through our culinary-led, multi-disciplinary integrated curriculum, children are served with a 'Recipe for Life' in a learningful play way at Guudnest. To grow up having a happy, healthy and well-balanced life, our children need a recipe to help prepare them to be life smart, not just book smart. Guudnest believes in the power of food as a learning tool. So we use food and cooking as a launching point to introduce multi-disciplinary subjects, math, science, language, culture and essential life skills to children, which allows them to engage in a fun, hands-on and multi-sensory learning experience.
Why Join Guudnnest Learningful Play Workshop ?
- Taiwan’s premier in kids culinary program since 2012
- Unique bi-lingual S.T.E.A.M. based culinary program for children.
- Hands on! Make your own lunch and snack!
- Daily enrichment activity to extend learning outside school
- Essential life skills
- Fun and Experienced instructors and staff
- Foster creativity and thinking ability
Attending a Workshop
- We kindly ask that you arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your workshop as we will be preparing for your class until this time.
- Please kindly leave within 10 mins after the workshop finishes for safety concerns when cleaning the kitchen facility.
- For environment issue, please bring kid’s personal water bottle and hand towel to be used throughout the workshop.
- In case your child doesn't like or chooses not to eat the lunch and/or snack made on the day, you are welcome to bring a packed lunch from home. We can reheat it in our steamer oven.
- Where possible, our instructors will accommodate dietary constraints. As a courtesy we ask that you alert our staff of allergies and dietary restrictions upon booking OR 7 days prior to the booked class. Allergies are the responsibility of the attendee but not of Guudnest. We are unable to take responsibility for allergic reactions to foodstuffs.
During the Workshop
- In order to control the workshop quality and enhance children’s concentration, parents are requested to stay in the parents’ rest area after the workshop starts.
- Due to busy schedule in the workshop, we do not provide photo taking service. Parents may take photos (no video) of your kids during the workshop. However, kindly be discrete as not to interrupt the class.
- If we have any photo taken for our internal needs, we will share all we have got of the week through Google drive and send you the link by email. The link will be valid for one week.
- Kids must follow the rules in the kitchen in order to avoid any accident or injury during the workshop. Failure to follow instructions and kitchen rules, misbehaved child will automatically be pulled out of the workshop and can only return and join the class after he/she can work in a cooperative manner.
Cancellation & Extension Policy
- The points will be return in full if the cancellation is made more than 7 days prior to the date of workshop.
- 6 to 2 days prior to the workshop starting, the option to reschedule or cancel will be made available.
- Less than 2 days - 24 hours prior to the date of the workshop, the option to reschedule or cancel once per month and the points will be return in full, but need to pay a minimum admin fee of $200 (depending on the workshop).
- If less than 24 hrs, there is no option to cancel / reschedule, but members are allowed to find substitute if he/she can’t join the workshop. What required only is the name of kid and parent, mobile phone number before the workshop starts.
- A minimum of 4 participants is required to run a workshop. Guudnest reserves the right to reschedule the class or refund in full if less than 4 participants. If the workshop is rescheduled, participants will be notified no later than 48 hours before the class.
＊Conditions apply: (a) 15% cancellation fee applied, if request for refund. (b) Members who book the class by points can reschedule once per month if less than 2 days-24 hours before class, and points will be return in full, but need to pay cancellation fee of $200. If cancellation occurs 2nd time of the month, no refund. This condition applies to those who book the class with points only.
What Is The Difference?
Chick 2-4Y0 : Toddlers joining this program are in for a treat! Each child will be bursting with Sensory experience and flavorful activities that they can learn from. From storytelling, role-playing and STEAMulating cooking or baking activity, your toddler will surely have a memorable and learningful experience.
Owlet 4-6Y0 : With a growth mindset in our curriculum, children as young as 4 years old can create and develop their logical skills through STEAM play. During this growth stage, children are more curious and love to explore. With the use of STEAM in cooking and STEAM in building, your little one will develop both their left and right brain.
Fledgling 6-12Y0 : The bigger kids tend to have more ideas and are more knowledgeable when it comes to logic. With that in mind, our teachers have planned their STEAMulating activity to be more challenging and to further enhance and develop their skills. Each week, Fledglings will have a learning quest that they need to accomplish. At the end of the day, they go home full of knowledge and a fun learningful experience.