Get a TASTE of SUMMER like no other - STEAM Invention World
It’s a week of cooking celebration! We will travel and enjoy the festivities all around the world while learning the festival’s origin, the country’s geography and culture.
Our big week of celebration kicks-off with the greatest show on earth, ‘The Carnival’ in Brazil! Then we will make a stop in Spain for the messiest food fight festival in the world – ‘La Tomatina’, before cooling off a bit in Thailand with its ‘Water Festival’.
We then take off again to Mexico for their ‘Cinco De Mayo’ and end our fun week of celebration with the festival of colors, ‘Holi’ in India!
Daily Recipe & Learningful Quest
Day 1 : Carnival: Brazil
Morning Recipe: Brazilian Rice Croquette with Minced Pork Sausage
Afternoon Recipe: Baked Brazilian Cinnamon Raindrop Doughnut
Cutural Play Time: Rio Carnival: The Greatest Show on Earth
Day 2 : La Tomatina: Spain
Morning Recipe: Cheese Stuffed Spanish Meatball with Tortilla chips
Afternoon Recipe: Churros
Cutural Play Time: The Flying Tomatoes
Day 3 : Cinco De Mayo: Mexico
Morning Recipe: Mexican Chicken Taco
Afternoon Recipe: Flan
Cutural Play Time: Fiesta Pinata
Day 4 : Water Festival: Thailand
Morning Recipe: Pineapple Fried Rice in a Pineapple Shell
Afternoon Recipe: Thai Coconut Sticky Rice
Cutural Play Time: Water Splashing Art
Day 5 : Festival of Color: India
Morning Recipe: Butter Chicken with Naan
Afternoon Recipe: Holi Festival-Inspired Pancake
Cutural Play Time: Color Me Happy Party
Sample of Daily Program
1st Half Day
9:30 - 9:45am :
Arrive and get ready for the camp.
9:45 - 10:00am :
Orientation of the daily theme: cooking recipes & enriched learning activity.
10:00 - 11:45am :
Cooking Time: Savory Recipe - make your own lunch.
11:45 - 12:30pm :
Lunch & Quiet Play Time.
2nd Half Day
12:30 - 13:30pm :
S.T.E.A.M & Growth Mindset acitivity inspired by the daily theme.
13:30 - 15:00pm :
Cooking Time: Dessert / Snack Recipe
15:00 - 15:30pm :
Snack time & game.
Happy end of day camp! Home time.
Attending a Camp
- We kindly ask that you arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your camp as we will be preparing for your class until this time.
- Please leave within 10 mins after the class finishes for kids safety and cleaning of the kitchen facility
- For environment issue, please bring kid’s personal water bottle and hand towel to be used throughout the workshop.
- In case your child doesn't like or chooses not to eat the lunch and/or snack made on the day, you are welcome to bring a packed lunch from home. We can reheat it in our steamer oven.
Where possible, our instructors will accommodate dietary constraints. As a courtesy we ask that you alert our staff of allergies and dietary restrictions upon booking OR 7 days prior to the booked class. Allergies are the responsibility of the attendee but not of Guudnest. We are unable to take responsibility for allergic reactions to foodstuffs.
During the Camp
- In order to control the workshop quality and enhance children’s concentration, parents are requested to stay in the parents’ rest area after 9:30 when the workshop starts.
- Due to busy schedule in the camp, we do not provide photo taking service. Parents may take photos(no video) of your kids during the camp. However, kindly be discrete as not to interrupt the class.
- If we have any photo taken for our internal needs, we will share all we have got of the week through Google drive and send you the link by email. The link will be valid for one week.
- Kids must follow the rules in the kitchen in order to avoid any accident or injury during the workshop. Failure to follow instructions and kitchen rules, misbehaved child will automatically be pulled out of the workshop and can only return and join the camp after he/she can work in a cooperative manner.
Booking Terms and Conditions
In addition to the existing Guudnest Summer Camp terms and condition, please note the terms and conditions in regard to COVID-19
- For the safety of our community, Guudnest holds the right to seek family travel information declaration though our travel survey form, and we expect you to provide true and correct information to the best of your knowledge.
- All students are required to follow Guudnest’s COVID-19 Safety Precautionary Measures such as but not limited to filling out travel survey, temperature check, sanitize hands regularly, wearing of masks, haven’t been in contact with anyone who was suspected with COVID-19, etc.
- In any unforeseen circumstances and situations posed by COVID-19, Guudnest holds the right to do the following for the best interest and welfare of the campers, teaching staff members and the community:
• Adjust precautionary measures
• Adjust the camp time, student allocation, recipes, ingredients and activities
• Sudden postponement, rescheduling or cancelation of the camp.
- If the camp has to be cancelled due to the Taipei City Government’s announcements of COVID-19 measures, a refund will be made after deducting the booking administration fee, bank transaction fee, and camp fees.
- Please inform us immediately if yourself, anyone in your family or anyone you have been in frequent close contact with has been diagnosed with COVID-19
- If the camper is not feeling well at the time of their booked camp, we would advised for them to stay home and follow safety precautions. An administration fee of $300/half-day camp will be charged or $600/full day camp.
Camp Cancellation Policy
|Days before the camp||Point Refund %||Cash Refund %|
|Less than 3 days||0%||0%|
- Members who booked the camp using points have the option to reschedule their camp to another week or theme only once at least 14 days prior to the camp booked. Slots will be based on availability.
- If in any case no rescheduled date has been selected, points refunded will be credited and can be used another time within 1 year from the date of purchase.
- Due to the unique nature of our program which involves the use of cooking and multi-disciplinary learning subjects, food ingredients and learning materials have been secured and prepared in advance for your child’s booking. Cancellation made in less than 24 hours will be charged $600/full day camp and $300/half-day camp for the day. If no cancellation was made, we would consider it as a no show and no refund will be made.